Wednesday 28 October 2015

Bill Bradshaw

When researching photographers who have used pubs as their focus of a project, I didn't find many, however, Bill Bradshaw came up who took many photographs of pubs and the drinking culture. He took many photographs of people enjoying themselves in the pub and of the actual pub or drink on their own, which is quite different to the sort of photographs I am planning on taking. Also, the pubs used in his photographs are a lot more elegant than the ones that I am planning on using, if I were to take my shots in the same sort of pubs he used then the message could be lost. For example, if I were to take a shot of a man sitting on his own, whilst trying to give off a sense of loneliness, a pub as glamorous looking as the ones Bradshaw uses, then the message could be lost. However, there are a few photos of his that do link to mine and that I may use as inspiration for my own project. Below are some examples of his that I may mirror as they capture the range of different people in the pub or a certain group for example;



No comments:

Post a Comment